DWD System launches innovative DWD bridge gullies which were created as a result of a thorough analysis of materials used all over the world. Simultaneously, the proposed solutions were adapted to meet the requirements of the bridge environment and developed in close cooperation between our employees and research centres in Poland and Europe.
DWD bridge gullies are divided into Premium, Standard and Kerb types. The additional offer is divided into a few series in several sizes: 300×400, 300×500 etc.
Our offer includes the gullies earmarked for the bridge, roadway and railway engineering facilities. The wide range of DWD gullies construction solutions makes it easy to choose the best gully for any given project. Our offer also embraces the gullies with a threaded discharge stub used, among other things, in bridges constructed with the use of the cyclic sliding method. Our gullies are made, as standard, of high quality ductile cast-iron. We can also produce the gullies made of generic stainless steel, grey cast – iron and ADI cast – iron as well. The gully elements made of ductile cast iron are of significantly better endurance and quality in comparison with the most commonly used materials in Europe.
The most important, revolutionary solution in our Premium gullies is the use of the adjusting ring with steps/teeth for regulation of the vertical position of the body equipped with an gully grate within the range of 0-60 mm, and also inclination adjustment by use of additional adjusting screws within the range of 0-5%. The Standard gully are equipped with additional adjusting screws located inside the gully body which ensures smooth adjustment of the gully height within the range of 0-20 mm and the inclination control within the range of 0-5%. Owing to these technical solutions it is possible to adjust height, inclination, side position (level adjustment) and the rotational position of the gully grating. This technical solution is unique and, above all, makes it possible to embed the gully properly during construction process. It also enables later adjustment during facility overhauls without the necessity of complete reconstruction of bridge gullies, which is a very important asset for bridge facility management services.
In addition, our solutions are provided with the following elements:
- all cast iron gullies – D 400 class loading in compliance with standard EN 124,
- a unique grate lock characterised by simplicity and reliability, and as a result the grate is tight fit. This solution is based on spring operation which presses the grate’s front against the side of the body, and special tongues prevent the grate from leaving the grip.
- possible locking bolt,
- special profile of the grate which increases the amount of water drained through the gullies out of the road,
- grate rib surface shaped like a canopy, as a result water “does not flow” across the grate, which increases the effectiveness of water drainage from the facility,
- special technical solutions increasing the amount of water drained from the insulation, the possibility of connecting drainage strips and additional openings in the gap plate to remove water during construction works,
- special assembly grips for easy assembly (anchorages) in the slab reinforcement,
- use of prefabricated discharge pipes of any shape which ensures individual adaptation of the gully discharge pipe to the slab structure in the bridge facility.